It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 am 
MGS Officer

You may post your CAM 2019: Beverly-Triton Beach Park logs here. No spoilers please! :shhh:
On May 4th you will be able to officially post your log on geocaching.com.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:31 pm 
MGS Member

I rushed out the door this morning because I couldn’t let opening day go by without finding a CAM cache. I did, and I came home, and started getting ready to head to a memorial service. In Edgewater. Ended up with a few free minutes, so I started looking ahead at what CAM had in store for us this year. Wait - that thing on the map looks pretty close to Annapolis. So I dug a little deeper and realized that the funeral home was just a few minutes away from Beverly-Triton Beach Park. Scrambled to pack a change of clothes, make sure the GPS receiver was loaded, jumped in the car and went.

When I parked, I realized that I had not actually picked up the GPS receiver after loading the GPX files on it. Sat there trying to figure out if either of my phone geocaching apps would let me insert a new waypoint. Couldn’t figure it out. It never occurred to me to download the data from either the MDGPS web page or the dropbox - duh, that would have solved my problem. Instead, I decided to use Google Maps to navigate by walking to the coordinates. That was not my best decision. Well, there I was, just found the Bonus Bay View cache, looking at a fat blue triangle closing in on a little red dot. Anybody remember geocaching in the early 00’s? That was me today. Really hard to tell when you’re getting close. Checked a couple of spots, and came up empty. For a moment, I considered just sitting down and waiting for the next geocacher to come along! But then I saw something. Something that didn’t just seem right. I walked over, and found the cache! Maybe I am starting to get the hang of this whole geocaching thing after all!

Dropped a CAM 2018 pathtag.

2 CAM 2019 caches found!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm 
MGS Member

TFTC! Second CAM cache on CAMDAY! Had a great time in this park! The views were awesome and something about the shore in this area reminded me of where I grew up on Long Island. I loved the beach - nothing like that here in Harford County..... Nicely done caches with some great company!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:58 pm 
MGS Member

March 16 found4life and afriendofB and I were driving home after a long trek at ACLT when we decided we had time to go for this CAM cache. We enjoyed a lazy walk in the woods, but went out to the water before we went back to the car. The osprey was in its nest, the sandy beach was filled with driftwood, and the sun was dropping in the sky. What a pretty place. Thanks for bringing me here.