It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:58 am 
MGS Officer

You may post your CAM 2019: A Tour of Emmitsburg logs here. No spoilers please! :shhh:
On May 4th you will be able to officially post your log on geocaching.com.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:39 pm 
Former MGS Officer

Kicking this off, I left Bagtown (nr Hagerstown) at 6:15 am, was the first to arrive at Panera Bread Frederick, yes FTF. HunterKat graciously hosted, laid down the law, took a few names and lots of phone/gpr's for CAM-loading. Great group here. The anticipation was palpable.

Then off to Emmitsburg (been speeling it wrong all day, and I live nearby...sheesh) where I encounter Buffalo Bob, Als Guide and Always Lost. We worked our way easily through the fascinating stages. At the three-cluster (one parking), we found the good Mother's acreage to be blustery and frigid, though sunny under baby blues. Needless to say all of us made wardrobe adjustments for the following stage.

Bob made the discovery of the final. Logging ceremonies ensued followed by noting of the secret squirrel stuff. This was a well-laid adventure. Thanks to MGS CORE and the cacher that placed this gem.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:14 pm 
MGS Member

Found March 17th at 4:45 PM, CAM #2

Today we headed back home from western Maryland with the goal to grab the Emmitsburg cache. The first few stages went quickly except for the dog park where you look a little odd when there are folks with dogs there... and you don't have one. Eventually we got the needed piece of info and we headed over to the Shrine. It was rather busy over here today as there was a St. Patrick's Day concert here. We ended up going into the visitor center and seeing the inside of the Basilica which was quite impressive. We'd highly recommend if you have some time to go through the visitors center to give you a better appreciation of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton and the Shrine.

We finished up the remaining stage and soon had the coordinates in hand. Had no issues finding the final coordinates and the cache. Did our business and then headed for home.

Thanks for the tour of Emmitsburg! We really enjoy having one of these "city tour" caches as part of CAM to add a bit of diversity. TFTC!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:47 pm 
MGS Member

TFTC! CAMDAY Cache #5. The final cache of the day for us. We drove to as many stages as we could. Stage 4 was the toughest, not where one would expect to find this object. We made quick work of each stage and used the texting method to secure the final coordinates. Final was easily found, signed and returned. At this point my mind is a blur. Snowsox delivered us all to our respective park and rides and we all went on our merry ways. Happy CAMday to all and to all a good night!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:18 pm 
MGS Member

03/19/2019 - We left Western Maryland yesterday and started working our way back east. We was in no hurry, and I was trying to grab all of the older CAM caches, from years past, that are still out there and I haven't found yet. Some were off the beaten path but we found what we wanted to. We ended up in Hagerstown around 7:00 pm, and instead of going another 45 minutes to get home and backtrack tomorrow morning, we decided to stay in LpYankee territory.

This morning we picked up the old CAM cache in Frederick (2004), and then worked our way over to A Tour Of Emmitsburg. Out of all of the stops, the 3 stops around the Shrine were my favorite. Really enjoyed that place. Did more walking then necessary, but that was my choice. As I was walking the grounds I saw some neat and interesting things. Took a lot of pictures. Did get the information I needed at all 3 stops, then decided to go inside the Shrine and Basilica. Beautiful. I asked, and they said take all the photo's you want. Took plenty more, but no selfies on the inside :)

After the Shrine area, we hit the other stops, punched in our answer, and got the green light. Got 100 feet from GZ, and was wondering if this was the correct spot. Took a look at the hint, and said okay, we're in the correct spot.

No problem with the find. Mrs. Georick has therapy and a doctors appointment tomorrow, and then we'll be heading out east. Brand New CAM caches = 2. Old CAM caches = 9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 pm 
MGS Member

We've driven by Emmitsburg, but have never taken the time to explore so this cache gave us the opportunity. We had a great time visiting all the stops. We got the final coordinates and made the quick grab. We exchanged swag before heading to Candyland down the road. Thanks for the fun day!